Palo Alto, CA – September 19, 2018 Rudy Burger, Managing Partner and Managing Director of Woodside Capital Partners, spoke at the AutoSens Conference in Brussels, Belgium today.
His presentation, “Global M&A & Private Company Investments in the ADAS and Autonomous Vehicle Sectors,” reports that:
- Still very strong investment climate, especially with corporate venture capital (CVC)
- Robust M&A environment with major OEMs and Tier1s scrambling for sustainable competitive advantage
- Fewer new companies being formed this year, majority of investment going into later stage rounds for more mature companies
- Investment in “full stack” AI systems remains strong despite competition from Waymo, Uber, Apple, Cruise
- China is emerging as a global competitor in all aspects of EV and autotech. Pre-money valuations are high compared to ROW
- 70+ LiDAR companies have been funded, solid state Radar may be next
He also touches on:
- ADAS & Autonomous Vehicle Enabling Technologies
- Total Sensor Market Value for Automotive
- Venture Investments by Sector
- Most Active Venture Investors and Corporate Investors
- AutoTech Annual Global Financing History
- M&A Activity by Sector
- AutoTech Private Placements by Region
- AutoTech Investments
- Notable Recent Acquisitions and Largest AutoTech Acquisitions
- Where we are now and Opportunities and Challenges
You can view Rudy’s presentation here.
Managing Partner & Managing Director
Woodside Capital Partners
AutoSens connects technologists in all disciplines of vehicle perception to network, collaborate, solve shared challenges and advance ADAS technologies more rapidly. The event brings together engineers from several engineering disciplines including automotive imaging, LiDAR, radar, image processing, computer vision, in-cabin monitoring, testing and validation, certification and standards; AutoSens is a collaborative environment geared towards supporting engineering activities.
About Woodside Capital Partners
Woodside Capital Partners is a global, independent investment bank that delivers world-class strategic and financial advice to emerging growth companies in the technology and life sciences sectors. With a strong track record in M&A, strategic partnerships and private placements, Woodside Capital Partners has been providing worldwide investment banking services since 2001 with leading domain experience in software, Internet services, electronic communications and materials, and healthcare. Woodside Capital Partners is headquartered in Silicon Valley, with an office in London. Securities offered through Woodside Capital Securities LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. For more information, please visit www.woodsidecap.com
NOTICE: No information herein is a recommendation that any particular individual should purchase or sell any particular security in any amount or at all, and is not a solicitation of any offer to purchase or sell from or to any particular individual.
Woodside Capital Partners delivers value-added M&A advisory services for emerging growth companies, and is the headquartered in Silicon Valley, with an office in London. Securities transactions are offered through Woodside Capital Securities LLC, a registered broker-dealer and member of FINRA and SIPC, and through Woodside Capital Partners UK LLP, a financial services firm authorized and regulated by the FSA. Woodside Capital Securities LLC and Woodside Capital Partners UK LLP are affiliated companies.
All trademarks, logos and trade names mentioned in the document are the property of their respective owners.