Palo Alto, CA – May 22, 2018 Rudy Burger, Managing Partner and Managing Director of Woodside Capital Partners, gave the keynote at the Embedded Vision Summit in Santa Clara, CA today.
His presentation, “What’s Hot? The M&A and Funding Landscape for Embedded Vision Companies,” addressed the following questions:
- How have we segmented the embedded vision market and what are expected to
be the highest growth segments?
- Where are the VC dollars going and who are the most active investors? How does
investment into embedded vision companies compare between US and China?
- Which segments have seen the most M&A activity, what are the most notable
recent acquisitions, and who are the most active acquirors?
- Why are there so few embedded/computer vision unicorns?
- What are the market trends for embedded vision in consumer markets?
- What are the market trends for embedded vision in automotive markets?
- What are the growth opportunities in these markets
You Can View Rudy’s Presentation here.
About The Embedded Vision Alliance
The Embedded Vision Alliance is a worldwide industry partnership that brings together technology providers who are enabling innovative and practical applications for computer vision. Its more than 50 members include suppliers of processors, sensors, software and services. The mission of the Alliance is two-fold: 1) Inspire and empower product creators to incorporate visual intelligence into new products and applications, and 2) Enable Alliance member companies to accelerate success in computer vision by:
- Increasing their visibility among vision system and application developers
- Connecting them with the right ecosystem partners
- Delivering insights into market research, technology trends, and customer requirements
Founded in 2011, the alliance is led by Berkeley Design Technology, Inc. (BDTI), an independent technology analysis and engineering services firm. BDTI manages the Alliance on behalf of the member companies.