1. Vision and Objective
Our goal is to make WCP the leading, global, independent technology-focused M&A advisor. Managing Directors play a critical role in assisting WCP to accomplish this goal. This document is the job description for a Managing Director specializing in Fintech and/or Security sector.
2. Roles and Responsibilities
Managing Directors serve a key leadership role within Woodside Capital. An MD’s role includes:
- Sourcing new client engagement for the firm
- Managing (leading) and closing existing client engagements
- Partnering with other senior members of the firm to execute and close client engagements
- Overseeing the production of junior Banking
Managing Directors will secure, manage, and support a wide variety of projects and will be given added leadership and responsibility as experience and capabilities permit.
- Create and manage new deal flow and originate new client engagements that fit the strategy of the firm
- Lead and/or partner on a variety of transactions in all stages, from initial client pitch to transaction closing
- Develop and maintain a network of corporate investors and acquirers.
- Actively lead in outreach and business development opportunities and market WCP services to prospective clients
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential referral sources in order to generate deal flow opportunities
- Market services both to internal colleagues and external clients, develop client networks, establish and maintain pipeline and support efforts in developing and executing sales and marketing strategies
- Communicate regulatory, financial information and complex strategic issues in a clear, concise and relevant manner to assist and guide decision-makers in corporate finance transactions
- Ensure quality of client deliverables by demonstrating extraordinary attention to detail
- Maintain and manage client relationships and be actively involved at the key strategic points of each transaction
- Guide, manage, and participate on execution teams on day-to-day execution of deals
- As experience permits, provide leadership, professional development and mentoring for VP, Associate and Analyst staff
- Serve as an internal and external thought leader by participating in key industry conferences, publishing thought pieces in web logs, being interviewed by journalists and trade journals, and other avenues to generate exposure and build brand
- Attend all regularly scheduled senior staff meetings (weekly MMM, monthly pipeline review meetings, team meetings, etc.)
This position will be sponsored by the Managing Partner, Mike Powell
The purpose of sponsorship is to help develop MDs within the firm and as bankers, both to optimize success fees and income, and to move MDs toward full partnership.
Sponsors are expected to support and advise MDs on all engagements that are led by the MD. Partner mentorship of an MD on an engagement does not automatically translate into a split of the success fee for the partner. Rather, this should be determined on the basis of real value add by the partner on the engagement
3. Required Qualifications
- Previous success and proven track record in new business development, ideally within an M&A advisory context.
- Deep understanding of the Fintech and/or Security sector and the capital marketplace, including deal multiples, pricing, structure, potential financing sources and buyers, and an ability to develop capital- raising strategies and execute upon those strategies
- Ability to make effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities
- Demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects
- Demonstrated record of leadership and effective management in matrixed organizations
- Thorough understanding of capital advisory services and the M&A process, complex debt/equity/distressed restructurings, creating buyer/seller strategies, deal structuring and negotiation
- Significant client interaction and experience, particularly showing the ability to develop strong and influential client relationships
- Willingness and ability to travel
Interested individuals, please forward your CV/resume to Mike.email@example.com.